Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sands of the Oasis Newspaper October 2007

********* Sands of the Oasis Newspaper*********

Editor's Forewords

I shall start by introducing myself, Lady Melanie Malibu, Chief Scribe of Nine Wells and editor of your newspaper. This newspaper is obviously designed to impart information pertinent to the citizens and slaves of this fine city, but I also hope that it will assist in further bonding us together as a community - this is your newspaper and can only be as good as the contributions you make. Please let me know of anything you would like including in future issues, no matter how trivial. You can either find me in the city or leave a scroll in the dropbox in my office.

**********************************************************************

Citizen news

I shall ensure that everyone who arrives in Nine Wells gets a mention here in future. This will also be be a good place to advise everyone of Free Companionships, deaths and births, and slave matters such as new acquisitions, branding, sales and so on.

Chief Scribe - Arriving with me in Nine Wells are my two slaves, we have all travelled from the far nothern city of Midgaard where snow fell as we left. The journey south was long and arduous, and we visited many other cities on the way. Some of these cities were fair, others not so.. some were friendly and others were not. Travelling alone as a Free Woman with a couple of slaves is not recommended of course, but needs must sometimes. I was the Head Scribe of Midgaard for quite some time, ably supported by my girl who is not only a thoroughly competant scribe slave, but she was also Midgaard's Second Girl. We looked for a place in which to settle, and none were as warming (excuse the pun..) as Nine Wells. The city is as beautiful as its people are welcoming (once you get past Servine Genosse on the gate that is..!) I have concentrated my efforts this far on making my new home as comfortable as possible, meeting citizens and slaves alike, and working on the newsletter. My next task will be to review the contents of the scribery and ensure that you have a source of excellence to refer to - I bring copies of all my scolls from my former city, and will integrate them where I think prudent. I also plan to make available certain books by a man known as John Norman... My apartment is above my office, which is to the right of the scribery. Please feel free to call by and say Tal if you have the time.

Poetry - The Pasha of Nine Wells is indeed fortunate in owning a girl (Shiney85 Gemini) who can not only read and write, but compose poetry also! The Pasha has published her works in a book which is lavishly illustrated. It is for sale within the scribery, placed close to the Pasha's dropbox on the right as you enter. I have acquired a copy myself, and recommend it to anyone who is interested in the beauty of the written word.

Rahn Au - Rahn Au, a merchant of this fair city, informs me that his girl Rosepetal Green is due to give birth in a week's time. We wish her well and that the child will bring joy, light and prosperity to the House of Au. Of real concern though, Rahn Au informs me that he has received word that his life may be in danger from an individual known as Lasaue DeCuir. I am advised that the city's authorities have been notified, but all citizens are advised to be on the lookout for this person and to notify a guard should they be observed.

Mercenaries in the City - We have all been made aware of the existence of mercenaries coming and going in the city. Your editor will endeavour to investigate this matter and report on the situation in the next edition, assuming she is able to glean any information... (Melanie looks in mirror, practices batting her eyes, and goes off in search of known male sources of information, knowing from experience her womanly charms may yield valuable information..)

**********************************************************************

This week's Biography!

I hope to have a biography each and every week from a citizen of this City, so please come forward with an article, or prepare to be pestered. Your time will come... so no use hiding or running away when you see the Chief Scribe approaching with quill in hand..!

Mustafaaab Connoisseur

Introducing the
OASIS OF NINE WELLS MINISTRY OF FINANCE & AMIR

Out exploring one day I discovered the Oasis of Nine Wells and Gor, which I had heard of, but never paid much attention to. In the next few days I, Mustafaaab Connoisseur was a citizen of Nine Wells beginning a unique experience in the desert that has always attracted and fascinated me. As my profile reads I have truly come understand & believe that the natural LIFE, of ORIGINAL MAN...is in GOR!

For me Gor is a partial replay of earth history 500-1500 years ago. It's a carefully woven story by the author of 26 books, to help bring out the nature and real potential of men and women, but especially men. To see how humans are tested in total power and complete submission is a unique opportunity. What struck me most in the study, were things that need further development in SL GORin my opinion, interaction with the beasts of nature, business of the castes, and the entire political economic relationship between the regions and cities of Gor.

Soon I began to tour and understand GOR better, its social structure, politics and economics. Stopped everything I was doing in SL for about 2 weeks, and read about half the library materials in Nine Wells and the web, asked many questions, and started reading the Gor Books. Now I even take private lessons with a RL 14 year Scribe of Gor.

Soon I began to see that Nine Wells needed a thriving economy to help pay the Priest Kings (Lindens) every single month too, like most struggling Gor sims. As a result I offered the Pasha of Nine Wells my finance & business training, experience & services, resulting in the Ministry of Finance located on the 2nd floor of the Throne Building. The responsibilities of this office are as follows:

MINISTRY OF FINANCE
Role * Objectives * Responsibilities

* Reports directly to and for the pleasure of the Pasha of the Oasis of Nine Wells

* To propose & help implement revenue generating & cost saving methods & activities for the Oasis of Nine Wells

* To maintain the Treasury Depository & Accounting of the Oasis of Nine Wells for collected & expended resources

* To prepare monthly or quarterly Financial reports for the Oasis of Nine Wells

* To help provide a model environment for financial empowerment & activity of all the Castes who reside in the Oasis of Nine Wells

* To help financially keep focus and achieve the successful expansion goal of 22 sims for the Oasis of Nine Wells

* To protect the Treasury Assets and the Oasis of Nine Wells with Steel & Appropriate Force

As the Amir of Finance for Nine Wells, I pledge to uphold these duties and responsibilities to the best of my ability and request the help of all citizens in this essential duty of running a multi sim-and expanding city. Citizens, Visitors & Friends of The Oasis are invited to submit ideas and proposals by Notecard Scroll to the Ministry of Finance to help better Nine Wells incoming revenues, reduce expenses, and expand activities. Those who want to work, there are buildings to be rented and many scrolls of SL earth citizens and visitors to invite to Nine Wells. Together let us help establish Nine Wells & the Tahari region as a solid foundation of Gor.

***********************************************************************

Events

Warriors may be interested in a tornament being held in Iaomai Arena on 27-28 October. Prizes totalling $60,000Ls are on offer, so men of Nine Wells, sharpen your swords, polish your shields and go bring honour to your Home Stone and House. Attached is the advertisment for the event:-

This will be a good place to include events with Nine Wells, so please give me at aleast a week's notice!

***********************************************************************

Photographs

Everyone, please take photographs of the city and events within it. Send them to me (with full permissions!) and I will select a couple every week to be included - a short description will be useful too to put the photo into context. If you have one you think might lend itself to a caption competition, then let's give it a go...!

***********************************************************************

Classified

Furniture from Safira's Fantasies shop - Scribe throne and stool, desk with 3 chairs and ledger, a couple of low tables. CALIBER Gor globe also, some other gorean furniture also. I aslo have some medical equipment (various items), also Phsician FW robes "Resplendent in Green". IM Melanie Malibu for information.

There, I've started it off, let me know if you have items for sale also!

***********************************************************************
Ideas and suggestions for further inclusion are of course welcomed!

May your water bags never be empty,

Melanie Malibu
Chief Scribe
Oasis of the Nine Wells

No comments: